Wednesday, August 24, 2016



Hey today I'm doing a review for a Kyoko Sakura cosplay from miccostumes.com
Here's a link to the wig + costume
I'm really happy because this is actually one of the first times I've had a full cosplay sponsored and it's beautiful :,)))
The costume includes the dress, skirt+undershirt, wrist cuffs+sleeves, and a bow. (the wig is a separate purchase).
I'm gonna start with things I really liked about it!
This is a really easy cosplay to wear because a lot of the accessories are attached so they're easier to keep track off, the wrist cuffs are attached to the sleeves and the undershirt is attached to the skirt. I got a size Small and all of it fit really well, the only thing that came a little low was the skirt because my waist is really small, if you get a custom size you can get it to fit perfect.
I like tha it's durable and easy to get in and out of 
there's a zipper that goes all the way down the back and a zipper on the side of the undershirt and skirt.
I like the materials used in terms of the fabric,
especially the white trim, (close up below).
The only thing the cosplay didn't include were the boots and soul gem, so I glued a red gem on my chest.




In terms of accuracy I think it looks just like kyokos outfit! I think some of her color scheme is hard to pin down because of the show's color palette, usually I see black fabric as opposed to brown and white opposed to pink but I actually like the softer color scheme.

The one thing I struggled with was that the wig is actually not a ponytail wig, it comes unstyled, so I had to put it in a ponytail the best I could as apposed to it being an attachable ponytail. However, despite it not being styled the quality was really nice.
Overall I really liked the cosplay and I'm super happy I got to work with miccostumes 
check out their website for future cosplays!

1 comment: